An Infinite Number of Driving Styles
Completely optimized for GT5, the T500 RS meets the demand for absolute realism. The first thing you'll will notice when setting it up is its weight: 10lbs for the wheel, and 16lbs for the pedal set. Another instantly visible feature is the omnipresent use of metal--for the gearshift levers, the wheel's central spokes section (12" in diameter) and the pedal set. This has required a mechanical design with no compromises.
Realistic Wheel Handling
Ergonomics were at the heart of the wheel's development, with an eye on optimizing game play, performance and driving sensations. The sequential gearlevers mounted on the base feature large 6.7" levers that are constantly accessible without letting go of the wheel. The wheel itself offers a remarkable 1080° rotation. These 3 full turns are also adjustable, thanks to a motorized stop, allowing the gamer choose the maximum degree of rotation according to the type of racing circuit and the car being driven.
Metal Pedals with Two Driving Positions
The spacing and height of the 100% metal pedal set is also fully adjustable and accommodate individual driving preferences by offering 2 positions: "floor-mounted" F1 style, or "suspended" GT style. The brake pedal has been given extra attention, with reinforced and adjustable resistance that lets users perfectly tailor their braking with near surgical precision, and which includes a removable mod. A textured foot rest, also crafted entirely of metal, completes the pedal set. Gamers will notice that having 3 pedals at their disposal not only enhances the level of realism, but it also gives them a taste of what's to come with the addition of an independent gear stick, which will also be available from Thrustmaster in the coming months.
More Power and Precision to Push the Limits of Racing
The T500 RS is a true racing simulator designed for the most die-hard racing fans. Its power is unmatched, with Force Feedback effects relayed via a 65W industrial motor, providing 150mNm at 3000 RPM. The Force Feedback mechanism is vigorous, fast-acting, and extremely responsive. While the power is potent, the integrated large dual-belt system ensures backlash-free and smooth behavior. Fans of even the most intense racing experience know that power alone does not allow them to achieve the best performance. With this in mind, the T500 RS provides total precision which never decreases over time. The T500 RS employs the same technology developed for the world's latest benchmark flight stick, Thrustmaster's HOTAS WARTHOG. The magnetic sensor-based H.E.A.R.T HallEffect AccuRate Technology is incorporated into the wheel's steering mechanism. As a result the wheel is super-precise with 16-bit resolution and 65536 values on its steering axis. With this wheel and pedal set, users will go farther than ever before in the thrill of the ultimate racing experience. Get ready for an extraordinary ride.
- Authentic wheel:
- 30cm (12”) in diameter with brushed metal central spokes
- Detachable (allows for future upgrades)
- Authentic sequential gearshift levers: crafted of brushed metal, attached to the base (so they don’t move with the wheel)
- 17cm in height (for instant access along 1080°)
Realistic pedal set
- Unique design(*) with your choice of 2 positions:
- Floor-mounted position (F1-style)
- Suspended position (GT-style)
- 100% metal, for optimal stability, weight (more than 7 kgs) and resistance
- 3 100% adjustable pedals (spacing between the pedals/height)
- Brake pedal with reinforced and adjustable resistance (included and removable “Realistic Brake” mod)
- Included metal footrest with non-slip grating texture
New H.E.A.R.T HallEffect AccuRate Technology™(*) on the wheel’s steering:
- Ultra-precise wheel, with 16-bit resolution (65536 values on the steering)!
- Precision that won’t decrease over time (contactless magnetic sensor)
Force Feedback with industrial motor (Torque 150mNm, 3000rpm, 65W, Ø 52mm/2”)
- Super-powerful, quick responding Force Feedback mechanism
- Rigid motorized stopper, no matter what angle of rotation you select
Realistic angle of rotation
- Mechanism with large dual belts (fluid and smooth action)
- Angle of rotation adjustable up to 1080° (3 full turns)!
Compatible with PS3™* & PC**
**The PC drivers required to operate the T500 RS racing wheel on PC are available for free download on our technical support website.